This Issue's Editor
Call to Meeting & Invocation
Pledge and Rotary Moment led by President Jonathan Bishop
Bill Stableford discussed the impact of the CIA campaign on polio eradication in Pakistan
Bob Hartmann without Dad
Fran with Gary Higgins
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Mike Negron and Peter Butler have birthdays
Dave Hadley has been with the club since 1985
Don Baechler has been with the club since 2001
- Tony Fappiano was named Rotarian of the Month
- Rotary dues are due now. Donald has emailed an invoice to everyone.
- Mike Sinclair presented the reelection of Larry Appleton and Bob White to the Memorial Education Fund Board. The Club approved.
- Bill Stableford announced the following Interact Club donations:
- $1000 to the Alzheimer Foundation, $500 to Dick Benson's self-sustaining garden in Haiti, and $500 to Mary Grande's non profit in New Haven
King of Clubs
No drawing today. There are four cards left. The last drawing will take place at the Installation Dinner. The winner will take home a BIG pot!
- Peter Goletz - wife's friend visiting
- Bob Shepard - second granddaughter has arrived
- John Stax - second place in sailing race
- Mike Sinclair - weekend in NY and son's off Broadway debut a success
- Gary Higgins - Fran's visit to the Club and grandson's fourth place in football
- Rick Maynard - wife's improvement after tumor was removed and daughter bought a home
- Wayne Staschke - grandchildren's visit
- Joel Galvin - 45th college reunion
- Riefe Tietjen - great fishing and anticipating his daughter's Father's Day plans
- Gene Bishop - comical obituary
- Al Jacobs - Maine vacation
- Paul Heeren - fishing with Riefe
- Dave Summerlin - entertained with Bishop's flipped tractor. Driver and tractor unharmed.
- Jonathan Bishop - enjoyed the last Board meeting as President and thanked the Directors for their support. Amusing traffic cam joke.
John Stax discussed the final plans for Lobsterfest:
The Packing Party will take place at Bishop's Little Red Barn on Monday, June 18th, at 5:00 PM. All hands on deck.
Silent auction items are still needed.
Please bring wine for the wheelbarrow drawings to the next meeting.
Tickets will be sold in front of Bishop's and Page's this Saturday and Sunday. They will also be sold inside both locations up until 5:00 PM on Saturday, the 23rd.
Contact John Stax, Tom Terribile, Sue Renner, or Lou Federici if you have any questions.
Please contact friends, neighbors, coworkers, and email buddies and invite them to join us at Lobsterfest to enjoy a great time and to support Guilford Rotary's endeavors.