This Issue's Editor
Call to Meeting & Invocation
Pledge and Invocation lead by President Jonathan Bishop
Jim Satterwhite, Madison Assistant Governor
Amanda Watkin, from United Kingdom, Club# 1260, North of London, former Governor
mentioned Focus on Crocus fundraiser to help fight polio
Liz Weber with Amanda Watkin- unsure if she is a Rotarian
Bob Hartman Jr guest of Gene Bishop
Jeff Beatty guest of George Kral
Gary Drake guest of Tom Petrick
Mary Burke guest of Dave Vale
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Lou Federici has been a member since 2011. 1st year anniveray!
- Gary Higgins - Silent auction sign up sent around. Last year 15 members donated items. Think out of the box. Minimun $50
- Lou Federici - LobsterFest tee shirt are available in Mens and Womens sizes. $5 for members. Posters are available. He is looking for someone to go to the Madison rotary to talk about LobsterFest. Sponsorships are $250. Reserve tables.
- John Stax - Tom Terribile has gotten Ashley ice cream for almost nothing for LobsterFest. There will be a 4th Band - electric guitar, female vocalist, and 13 year old sax player.
- Mike Sinclair - Memorial Ed Fund applications deadline May 1st.
King of Clubs
- Riefe Tietjen - both Gracie and Al gave him a dessert.
- Mike Ganci - $100 to Rotary Foundation
- Al Jacobs - Lou Federici, Person of the Week
- Mike Mikoly - $5 - 200 mile marathon in 24 hours with group
- Terri Bryant - Glad she sponsored Lou Federici to Rotary a year ago.
- Pat Todd - Glad Amanda Watkin, Rotarian from UK could stop by today. Welcomes Jim Satterwhite
- Ralph Schoemann - Just returned form Holland. Liked seeing Lou in paper.
- Lou Federici - Mentioned May 16 and volunteering at New Haven Home Recovery
- Jim Satterwhite - happy to be a visitor to our club. He was at the District Assembly last weekend, Guilford Interact was terrific.
- Al Jacobs - Interact received Best International award for sending 2 Happy Houses to Hatii and $200
- Mike Sinclair - Tom Petrick - 2 crowns in auction
Guilford Rotarian Lou Federici spoke on Hiring and Firing Employees: What you can do and cannot do. He is an attorney with Parrett, Porto, Patese, & Colwell. He discussed employment-at-will and litigation. Documentation is important.
May 3 - Lynn Haney "Flourish - How to create a successful 3rd act for your life